Pilates can be described as a body control technique class that focuses on the key postural muscles to help improve strength, flexibility, mobility and body alignment. The client uses their own body weight and occasionally, small equipment, to create resistance, moving in a controlled manner in time with their breathing. Clients usually report that by the end of the session, they feel that they have worked hard within their own limitations, feel looser and taller, and have achieved a deep level of relaxation.
Additional benefits of Pilates:
- More efficient respiratory and circulatory systems
- More efficient lymphatic system - less toxins in the body
- Lowered stress levels
- Increased bone density
- A flatter stomach and trimmer waist
- Toned buttocks and thighs
- Toned arms and shoulder area
- Improved posture
- Less incidence of back pain
Private Pilates classes
Working one-to-one ensures the client is able to address their ever changing personal requirements with a bespoke programme.